Thursday 17 January 2008

Radiotherapy - Day 18

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

So today it is going to be my 18th day with radio - and I feel quite better than expected - of the 28 sessions that I am going to receive.

Main side effects:
- heartburn (finished with Omeprazol)
- red eyes (finished with eye drops)
- tireness (but I can go to work, study, go out with my friends... normal life)
- feeling of nausea ¿? as if I were about to vomit, but I haven't

I am not completely sure that every feeling is caused by radio, but since I am not sure I blame it. I visit my radio-doctor every Monday, so that he knows how I am feeling each week.

My machine is from Elekta, quite similar to the picture, the main difference is that I am wearing my mask! I thought that I was going to feel claustrophobia but I have got used to wearing it every day (it is just five minutes!) and I breath easily and feel comfortable.

Next Monday I have an appointment with my endo, so that he FINALLY can tell me my blood results from October!! So, I will update soon.

3 comments:

polarchip said...

Happy New Year!

Glad to hear things are going well. Hope the lab results bring more good news!

Lots of love!

SMJ said...

I hope you get good results... I was just surfing and found your blog. I was diagnosed about 2 years ago and have finally got normal levels (18 months after finishing radiation) Of course I take a SandoStatin shot once a month.

almu said...

Hi smj! Thanks for your post, I am happy to read that levels can get normal someday (and 18 months is less than I expected) even with medication!!