Friday 20 April 2007

The radio - and the day after

So, I went to the Hospital to have my first session of the 25 planned of "Fraccionated Stereotactic Radiotherapy". They were very nice, as always; they put my personal mask, and the treatment started. I felt a strange flavour in my mouth when it started, it was quite strange. But I felt no pain at all, or sickness, or dizziness. In ten minutes it had finished. Everything was perfectly normal. I was told to come back today, as it was planned from Monday to Friday.

I have gone to work this morning, as usual. Everybody has been very kind asking how I'm feeling. But then, my mother has phoned me:

My endocrinologist has phoned home to tell me that they are operating me again. He and the neurosurgeons team has been looking at some MRI or CT Scan (I do not know which one) and have found out that the tumor has moved. It is so incredible, it has changed its position so now it is accesible to have a second surgery. He has told my mom that I have to go on Tuesday Morning to see him and he will explain everything to me. He has also said, of course, that I should not go back to radiotherapy, maybe in the future I'll need it, but not now.

I still cannot believe it, I think it is good that they want to operate me again.

3 comments:

polarchip said...

Dearest Alum,

Hello! Alecia emailed me about your blog, and I have been reading it! What a stroke of good luck about the tumor moving! I wonder if the roller coaster at the funfair made it move?

Anyway, I will be reading regularly and I wish you all the best. I wrote you a long letter but I don't have your email address! My email address is on my profile, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Starbucks Addict said...

That's great news about the tumor moving. Good luck with the second surgery.

Alecia E. said...

Wow, that is good news! Hopefully they are able to remove the rest entirely! It sounds like the doctors are being thorough with your post operative treatment.

Keep us posted on your progress as much as you are able (I'm sure you will).