Friday 16 March 2007

Pre-diagnosis

So, I got an appointment with the Neurologist for May 11th 2006. He made me a lot of questions (he even asked me if all my family was that tall, since I am 1.80m); he told me "It's surely stress", but he told me to get a CT Scan.

Around one week after my CT Scan, the radiologist phoned me and told me that I should go the day after to have a CT Scan with contrast, urgently, even without appointment. That was the point when I started becoming concious that there was something in my head. I went to the hospital to find that the machine was broken, after waiting 4 days, I could have it done - the radiologist confessed me that it could be something.

One week after the second Scan, they phoned me again, to tell me that I should ask for an urgent appointment with the Neurosurgeon. Those were the worst moments, because I knew that there was something in my head that should be treated urgently. I also was calmed becaused I wasn't told to go to stay at the Hospital. In my Neurologist report, it was said that it seemed to be "Meningioma".

I had to wait one more week till I went to the Neurosurgeon, it was 20th June, 2006.

No comments: